Narn Ecosystem: Orbiting a red giant star, Narn was a world similar in many ways to Earth, with an equivalent gravity and atmosphere it was host to large area of lush forest with several major deserts and a large ocean in the equatorial regions.
Ecosystem History: During the First Centauri Occupation of Narn, many native plants and animals were either exterminated, supplanted with Centauri crops and livestock or even taken away to be grown/raised on off-world colonies. As a result, Narn’s ecosystem became a mix of both indigenous and alien lifeforms.
- Alba: An edible plant that produces an aromatic frond similar to Earth bay leaf.
- G’Quan Eth: A small plant of great religious significance and is the very symbol of faith for the followers of G’Quan.
- Gollif An edible fleshy fungus-like organism, with similar culinary properties and an Earth open cup mushroom.
- Polbi: An edible plant that produces seeds similar to those of the Earth mustard plant.
- Ruti pod: Originally from Centauri Prime, ruti pods are a vegetable-like plant similar to an Earth potato. Centauri grown ruti pods are noted for their distinctive crimson colouring. 
- Strew-tree: A succulent plant that grow in aerated, gravel soil. Distinguishable by their long twisted branches, tipped with glowing purple flowers they are sometimes used as decorative climbing plants on the outer walls of P’lazzos.
- Swoz: An edible plant with a taste similar to Earth garlic.
- Turok: A plant that produces edible seeds similar to Earth groundnut.
- Wyqlat: An edible plant similar to Earth spinach.
G’Quan Eth is a plant of great religious significance to the followers of G’Quan and is the symbol of their faith. An image of a G’Quan Eth leaf is embossed onto the cover of the Book of G’Quan.
The plant itself is an integral part of the culmination of the Holy Days of G’Quan. In the final ceremony – in which followers of G’Quan are required to participate or be present – the G’Quan Eth is burned as incense as first rays of sunlight pass over the G’Quan Mountain on the Narn Homeworld. The Centauri on the other hand, prefer to use the seeds of the G’Quan Eth with a certain mix of alcohol to create a very potent drink.
Following the ecological devastation wrought by the First Centauri Occupation of Narn and the inherent difficult in growing the plant, it became an endangered species and by 2258, a rare and very expensive commodity.
The Earth Alliance treats the G’Quan Eth plant as a controlled substance.